Clerk Register Office
While the County Building and the Law and Courts Building are closed to the general public, both the Circuit Court File Room and the Clerk/Register of Deeds Offices will remain full staffed. We plan to process all documents via the phone, online, U.S. Mail, UPS or drop box (now available at the entrance to the County Buildings). The Clerk/Register’s Office offers the following online services:
- To order certified copies of Vital Records: www.vitalchek.com
- To e-record: www.simplifile.com
- To search recorded documents: https://index.casscountymi.org/recorder/web/login.jsp?submit=I+Acknowledge
- To apply for a new marriage license online: https://index.casscountymi.org/recorder/eagleweb/enterDoc.jsp?docType=Web_MarriageApplication&Create=Apply+for+Marriage+Application
- To RENEW your concealed pistol license: https://cplrenewal.msp.state.mi.us/CPLOnline/#!/
Questions? E-mail email@example.com or call (269) 445-4464.
Thank you for your understanding and we hope you all stay well!
The County Clerk Register is an elected official with a four-year term as provided by the Michigan Constitution.
The duties of the Clerk Register are prescribed by law and include:
- Clerk of the Board of Commissioners
- Clerk of the Cass County Building Authority
- Clerk of the Cass County Transportation Authority
- Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Clerk of the County Election Commission
- Clerk of the Jury Board
- Clerk of the Plat Board
- Registrar of Vital Records
The County Clerk Register issues:
- Assumed business names and partnership certificates
- Birth and death certificates
- Concealed gun permits
- Genealogy records
- Marriage licenses
- Notary commissions
- Veteran discharge records
- Voter registration records
The County Clerk Register as Chief Election Officer for the County supervises elections, receives and files petitions, serves as a member of the County Election Commission and Clerk of the Board of Canvassers. When Federal and State Elections are held, the County tabulates returns on election night and posts results on the Cass County website.
The County Clerk Register is the keeper of the Circuit Court Records, and maintains the Circuit Court/Family Court Files.
Monica McMichaelClerk Register
Clerk Register OfficePhysical Address
120 N Broadway
Cassopolis, MI 49031
120 N Broadway Room 123 Cassopolis MI 49031
120 N Broadway Street
Cassopolis, MI 49031
Phone: 269-445-4464Fax: 269-445-4406
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.