Election Information


The County Clerk’s Office oversees all elections conducted in Cass County.

Find out if you are registered to vote and where your polling location is.



Photo Identification Requirement to Vote

As of the November 6, 2007 election, every Michigan voter who offers to vote at the polls must show picture identification or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.

To implement this requirement, precinct election inspectors will ask voters for photo identification at the polls. If the voter does not have an acceptable photo ID in his or her possession, that voter may sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification. A voter who completes an affidavit will be allowed to vote a regular ballot.

Voters can satisfy the picture identification requirement by showing a Michigan driver’s license or a Michigan personal identification card.

The following are also acceptable forms of photo identification as long as they are current:

  • Federal or State Government-issued photo identification
  • Military identification card with photo
  • Non-Michigan Driver’s License or Personal identification card
  • Student identification with photo - high school or accredited institution of higher education
  • Tribal identification card with photo
  • U.S. Passport

Voting Information

You may register to vote if:

1. You are a citizen of the United States.

2. You are at least 18 years of age on or before the next scheduled election.

3. You have been a resident of Michigan for at least 30 days before the election.

You can register at any of the following offices:

  • City, Township or Village Office
  • County Clerk’s Office
  • Secretary of State branch office

Absentee Voting Procedures

You may obtain an absentee ballot from the city or township office where you are registered.

You are able to apply for an absent voter ballot in writing by:

  • Absentee ballot application
  • In person at your local clerk’s office
  • Sending a letter or post card to your local clerk