FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The County will be reopening the County Building on Wednesday June 17. Our initial hope was to reopen the Law and Courts Building and The County Building simultaneously. As we surveyed other Counties around the state we learned that most were reopening County Offices earlier than the Courts, even when both were in one building. In cases like Cass County, where functions are divided between two buildings it became clear most Counties, just as our County has done, maintained essential County functions of Administration, Treasury, County Clerk and Equalization, even during the period of stay at home orders by the governor. We adapted operations and required appointments in some cases but Cass County not-court services never “closed.”
The County Building will be open from 8am-5pm starting June 17. We will be conducting set-up and soft opening prior. There will be no after-hours public use of the County Building. All visitors to the County Building will be screened in accordance with Health Department guidelines. All visitors will be required to wear masks. Social distancing must be maintained and the numbers of residents in each office lobby will be limited.
These steps will be constantly evaluated relative to needs and changes possible to better serve our residents.
For updates and the status of all County Facilities Residents are encouraged to visit the County Website: www.casscountymi.org
For updates and information about the status of Court operations, please visit: https://casscourtsmi.org/
The Law & Courts Building remains closed to the public with limited exceptions for emergency matters while the Courts implement their plans to return to full capacity in light of directives from the Michigan Supreme Court. Court hearings are being conducted virtually. Access to the Courts is available by phone and email. If you have questions about access to the Law & Courts Building related to any business with the Courts, please make contact as follows:
- Circuit Criminal & Family Court File Room, 269-445-4416, x3120, firstname.lastname@example.org
- District Court File Room, 269-445-4424, email@example.com
- Juvenile Court, 269-445-4444, x3233, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friend of the Court, 269-445-4436, email@example.com
- Probate Court, 269-445-4454, x 3282, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judge Dobrich’s office, 269-445-4452, option 1, email@example.com
- Judge Herman’s office, 269-445-4412, option 1, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judge Rentfrow’s office, 269-445-4424, x3212, email@example.com
- ADA Coordinator/Language Access Coordinator/Other Court Administration Issues, 269-445-4482, firstname.lastname@example.org