CASS COUNTY ORV ORDINANCE
A County-wide ORV Ordinance has been adopted. To view the full text of the Ordinance, please see the link below. Additional resources and information including permitted/restricted road maps will be available shortly. They will be posted as soon as they are available.
Please note the following:
- A golf carts is NOT considered an ORV under this ordinance.
- An ORV may NOT be operated on any roads that township/cities have designated closed, roads closed by the Cass County Road Commission, or State or Federal highways.
- An ORV meeting ALL the following conditions may be operated on an authorized road or street in the County:
- At a speed of no more than 25 miles per hour or a lower posted ORV speed limit.
- With the flow of traffic.
- In a manner which does not interfere with traffic on the road or street.
- With a 12” x 12” safety flag affixed to the ORV that extends 10’ from the surface of the ground.
- Traveling single file except when overtaking and passing another ORV.
- When visibility is not substantially reduced due to weather conditions unless displaying a lighted headlight and a lighted taillight.
- One-half (1/2) hour after sunrise until one-half (1/2) hour before sunset unless displaying a lighted headlight and a lighted taillight.
- While the operator and each passenger are wearing a crash helmet and protective eyewear approved by the United States Department of Transportation, unless the vehicle is equipped with a roof that meets or exceeds standards for a crash helmet and the operator and each passenger is wearing a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt.
- With a throttle so designed that when the pressure used to advance the throttle is removed, the engine speed will immediately and automatically return to idle.
- While the ORV is equipped with a spark arrester type United States Forest Service approved muffler in good working order and in constant operation.
- Pursuant to noise emission standards defined by law.
- Complying with all requirements in PA 240 of 2008.
Complete Cass County Ordinance Link
Cass County ORV Visitor Page